As Work From Home becomes the new normal, let’s tell you why it’s important to get your eyes tested from time to time.
Preventing vision loss and damage
More than half of all blindness may be avoided, so getting your eyes checked can help you avoid or limit the damage caused by certain eye disorders.
Regular eye exams are necessary because:
- Correcting your vision can improve the quality of your life on a daily basis.
- They will aid in the detection of vision-threatening eye disorders such as cataracts, glaucoma, and age-related macular degeneration.
- Falls could be a result of poor vision.
An optometrist may also be able to detect the early signs of diabetes and high blood pressure, which both have symptoms that impact the eyes.
- Eyecare is important.
- Check if people over-60 can get free vision examinations and financial assistance with other medical expenses.
Children's eye exams are necessary to ensure that any visual issues, such as squint, lazy eye (amblyopia), or short-sightedness (myopia), are diagnosed and treated as soon as possible.
- Children's eye care
Maintaining the health of your eyes
People can also take the following steps to help maintain their eyes healthy:
- Smoking cessation
- In harsh sunshine or glare, you should wear sunglasses to protect your eyes.
- Taking regular breaks if working at a computer screen and eating healthy
- Getting regular exercise wearing safety goggles to protect eyes while performing DIY and/or sporting activities wearing goggles when necessary in the workplace
- If you observe a change in your vision, don't disregard it as "simply part of getting older"; instead, make an appointment with your local optometrist right away.
We at Ottika Canada put your health as our priority. Take care of your eyes by investing in suitable products that’ll protect them.